Monday, September 8, 2008

The Unoffical Cookie FAQ

Contributed to Cookie Central by David Whalen

1. INTRODUCTION
1.1 What is a cookie?
1.2 Where did the term cookies come from?
1.3 Why do sites use cookies?
1.4 Where can I get more information?
2. GENERAL QUESTIONS/MISCELLANEOUS
2.1 Introduction
2.2 Can I delete cookies?
2.3 How do I set my browser to reject cookies?
2.4 Are cookies dangerous to my computer?
2.5 Will cookies fill up my hard drive?
2.6 Are cookies a threat to my privacy?
2.7 Sites are telling me I need to turn on cookies, but they are on. What's wrong?
2.8 I deleted my cookies, and I can't log-on to my favorite site anymore. What can I do?
2.9 How did I get a cookie from doubleclick? I've never been there!
2.10 I looked at my Internet Explorer cookies, and they had my username on them! Can servers see my username?
2.11 There are two extra files in my Cookies folder called Mm256.dat and Mm2048.dat. What are they?
3. COOKIE FUNDAMENTALS
3.1 Introduction
3.2 How does a cookie really work?
3.3 Breakdown of Cookie Parameters
3.4 How do cookies end up on my hard drive?
3.5 What are all those entries in my cookies.txt file?
3.6 Where does MSIE keep its cookies?
3.7 Are cookies Year 2000 Compliant?
4. ADVANCED TOPICS
4.1 Introduction
4.2 Creating a cookie value
4.3 Retrieving a cookie value
4.4 Clearing a cookie value
4.5 Detecting if cookies are accepted
4.6 Compact Privacy Policies and IE6

More...
http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq/

ASP.Net Feeds